- Cost - $450
- Kids 12 and under price - $375
- +HST per person
- Duration - 28 hours
- Start time - 11:00am
- End time - 3:00pm next day
- June to September
No experience needed on this kayaking experience. Island hopping along the Grand Manan coast is a great introduction into overnight sea kayak tours. These tours include time to relax, explore and enjoy the scenery. Instruction in basic technique, equipment, and safety are just a few topics we will discuss.
- One night camping, including all camping equipment (except personal sleeping bag)
- All kayak equipment including, kayak, paddle, PFD and all related safety equipment
- Safety and paddle talk
- One breakfast, two lunches, and one dinner
- Shuttle back to your vehicle if required
- A trip of a lifetime
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes based on the time of year (stay away from cotton if possible), including light jacket/rain jacket (in case the weather changes)
- Appropriate foot wear (foot wear that you don't mind getting wet, most likely they wont, but just in case)
- Light jacket/rain jacket (in case the weather changes)
- Bottle water
- Personal sleeping bag (we can offer for additional cost)
Only God could make it better!!!! Guides performed feats of magic
What you need to know
- One hour before your schedule tour, please call 506-662-3563 to confirm tour is still a go! All trips are weather dependent (mainly wind, we still go in fog or light rain), so we will do a final weather check.
- Once your trip is confirmed, we will meet at designated location (we'll provide you with this once you call to confirm) 10 minutes before scheduled time. At this time we will outfit you with PFD, sign waivers etc.
- Most kayaks are double kayaks, we have limited single kayaks and cannot guarantee anyone a single kayak.
- All children must be a double with an adult.
- Please be on time so the tour is not delayed.
Please note: There are no public bathrooms once tour starts.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Travel insurance Travel (recommended)
- Travel insurance Medical (recommended)
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Personal sleeping bag
- Day One: Arrive at Adventure High base of operations by 11:00 am. Meet your guides and have a brief overview of the trip. Packing and loading of gear and kayaks and head off to the start location. Lunch on the beach and prepare the kayaks for your tour. At this time the guides will provide safety and paddling instruction and then it's time to hit the water for an afternoon of paddling. After arriving at your campsite, set up camp and enjoy a delicious dinner. Spend the evening exploring the area and relaxing around a campfire.
- Day Two: After breakfast you will head out and spend the day paddling the beautiful coastal shores of Grand Manan. You will be picked up at a pre-determined location and back at Adventure High by 3:00 pm, you will repack your personal gear and head off to your next adventure.
Can I bring my camera?
Simple answer is YES, but understand we at Adventure High Inc./guides take NO responsibility. Lots of people bring cameras with no issues, please ask your guide how best to protect them.
Do we stop during the tour (to explore, to use the bathroom)?
Due to the ruggedness of the coast line, generally we can not stop. If there is a place to stop, we have time and it is safe to do so, we may stop and explore. We will be paddling for approx. 1.5 hours, please use the washroom before leaving on tour.
Can anyone do this tour?
Yes, No experience needed! Our tours designed as a coastal tour, we will teach you the basics that you need. Our goal is to provide with an enjoyable, relaxing experience while taking in the world around us! We have had people as young as 3 years old and the oldest being 104!! If you have a specific health issues (bad knees, back etc), please talk to us, more than likely it shouldn't be a problem. We taken out blind people, people with paralysis etc. all having an amazing time.