- Cost - $645
- Kids 12 and under price - $500
- +HST per person
- Duration - 3 days
- Start time - 11:00am
- End time - 3:00pm
- June to September
3 Day/2 Nigh Tour
No experience needed on this 3 hour kayaking experience.
Enjoy camping by the sea - nothing beats it! Protected channels and bays make this an ideal introduction to kayak touring. Go where few have travelled, get a taste of the Maritime fishing lifestyle and explore some of the most beautiful coastline in Canada, featuring protected islands, sheltered coves, and spectacular 400' cliffs. Quiet and easy to control sea kayaks enable you to see whales and other marine life at close hand, without disturbing their environment. Protected channels and bays allow the novice or expert kayaker to travel in these challenging waters with greater comfort and safety.
- Two night camping, including all camping equipment (except personal sleeping bag)
- All kayak equipment including, kayak, paddle, PFD and all related safety equipment
- Safety and paddle talk
- Four breakfasts, three lunches, and four dinners
- Shuttle back to your vehicle if required
- A trip of a lifetime
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes based on the time of year (stay away from cotton if possible), including light jacket/rain jacket (in case the weather changes)
- Appropriate foot wear (foot wear that you don't mind getting wet, most likely they wont, but just in case)
- Light jacket/rain jacket (in case the weather changes)
- Bottle water
- Personal sleeping bag (we can offer for additional cost)
What you need to know
- One hour before your schedule tour, please call 506-662-3563 to confirm tour is still a go! All trips are weather dependent (mainly wind, we still go in fog or light rain), so we will do a final weather check.
- Once your trip is confirmed, we will meet at designated location (we'll provide you with this once you call to confirm) 10 minutes before scheduled time. At this time we will outfit you with PFD, sign waivers etc.
- Most kayaks are double kayaks, we have limited single kayaks and cannot guarantee anyone a single kayak.
- All children must be a double with an adult.
- Please be on time so the tour is not delayed.
Please note: There are no public bathrooms once tour starts.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Travel insurance Travel (recommended)
- Travel insurance Medical (recommended)
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Personal sleeping bag
Day One: Arrival at Adventure High base of operations at 11:00 am. Meet your fellow paddlers and guides. We will go over the plan for the tour; pack and organize equipment. Drive to the starting point (locations will vary due to winds and tides). Lunch at the beach and do final loading of kayaks. At this time there will be a safety/paddling orientation. From here you will set off for an afternoon of kayaking. Arrival at base camp, on one of the outer islands - set up camp and prepare dinner. Spend the evening relaxing around a bon fire.
Day Two: After breakfast, set out for a full day of paddling and exploration, with breaks throughout the day. Evening back at camp for dinner and exploration, as the group desires.
- Day Three: Final day of kayaking, so enjoy your time and take in all the sights, sounds and smells of the Bay of Fundy. Will stop for lunch and then continue paddling to the final destination. Pick up will be pre-arranged and take you back to Adventure High at 3:00 pm. Final repacking of your personal gear and you will be ready to meet the ferry to take you back home.
Can I bring my camera?
Simple answer is YES, but understand we at Adventure High Inc./guides take NO responsibility. Lots of people bring cameras with no issues, please ask your guide how best to protect them.
Do we stop during the tour (to explore, to use the bathroom)?
Due to the ruggedness of the coast line, generally we can not stop. If there is a place to stop, we have time and it is safe to do so, we may stop and explore. We will be paddling for approx. 1.5 hours, please use the washroom before leaving on tour.
Can anyone do this tour?
Yes, No experience needed! Our tours designed as a coastal tour, we will teach you the basics that you need. Our goal is to provide with an enjoyable, relaxing experience while taking in the world around us! We have had people as young as 3 years old and the oldest being 104!! If you have a specific health issues (bad knees, back etc), please talk to us, more than likely it shouldn't be a problem. We taken out blind people, people with paralysis etc. all having an amazing time.